Tuesday, July 3, 2012

What we've been up to....

My blogging isn't as regular as I would like it to be, but it seems like nothing ever is when it comes to me and my tasks, and so I have been letting things go and just "doing". 

We've had relatives and cousins in town for two weeks - they have just left (as in last weekend), and the boys had a marvelous time.  Nathan cried when he found out  he wouldn't see them until Christmas. 

I have been told some people "recharge" by being in big crowds, doing things all the time, going out, partying,...I don't think I am one of them.  I love doing things, but I wear out if I don't have quiet intervels at home for rest.  Everyday for the last two weeks there has been something going on... Fortunately, I got a nap Sunday and even though our air conditioner is too tiny for our house and our electricity bill is through the roof, it is cool in our basement and *occasionally* quiet.  But, last week myself, Grandpa and Grandma took the crew to the zoo -- it was a gorgeous day out, not too hot, sunny, a breeze, and we had fun with four boys four and under. 

Yes, we climbed on the seal. Seriously, do they think people won't?



Evan was by far the one I wanted to watch most...this was his first visit to the zoo since he has become of aware of his environment, if you know what I mean.  He was just ooing and ahhing over everything, saying new words left and right and "roaring" at all the animals. 

Since Grandpa and Grandma were along, the boys got spoiled with treats, popcorn, and rides.  My contribution was driving. 

Evan's first park ride - his face was precious when he started to go. 

Yup...that is Nathan with two girls in the backseat....already a ladies man? 

Giddy-up!

After this we rode the carousel, but the lady yelled at me for taking pictures, so I didn't get any good ones. 

The kids had a great time.  We had lunch at MickyD's afterwards and then I drove home and put the boys down for naps.  Then as soon as we got up we drove back to play with the cousins again.  This happened multiple days, so I really was starting to feel like some sort of crazy soccer mom. 

On a side note, I really like hummus.  Just the plain hummus with crackers.  So, I thought, it is just chickpeas, why can't I make this?  So I made two batches last Saturday (two Saturdays) ago and by the second batch I figured out what to add that I liked.  The first version was much too garlicy.  Anyways, hummus from the store, $3-$4 a container...homemade hummus is about $1 - $1.5 depending probably on the cost of a garlic clove, some seasonings, and the can of chickpeas....quite the difference! 

No comments:

Post a Comment