Sunday, January 27, 2013

Why do you like winter?

I often get asked, "why do you like winter?"
And I answer, "I just do.  I love winter."

And the next question is usually, "do you ski or snowboard?"
And I say, "no, but I have skiied - I stink at it, but its fun, just too pricey."

And then they say, "oh, so do you skate?"
And I say, "no, not much, but I love skating...."

And then sometimes there are a few other questions, but then they go, "So why do you like winter?  what do you do that makes it fun?"

I tell them I just do.  I love sledding.  I love flakes.  Big, fat fluffy ones.  All seasons have their place...and winter certainly is one to enjoy and delight in! 

But here are some reasons I love winter...

Ice fishing...


Spend a day on a lake in a nice pop-up house, catch a fish, maybe not, doesn't matter...relax and have fun!  (and scream big time when you catch a big crappie or sunnie LOL)


Taking my kids sledding!  Evan is sliding down a hill he couldn't walk up and just started laughing....

Bundling up and going together...screaming all the way down and laughing so hard your teeth are frozen at the bottom...

Rosy cheeks!  need I say more??? (it was zero when we went out this day..cold isn't going to stop us!)

Who needs sleds when you can roll down a hill and get dizzy?  (I used to do this all the time when I was little too!)

Spending times with friends...

One of the absolute best things about cold nights is lots of layers and covers in a comfy bed...

And snuggling up close while doing everyday normal things...

Making cookies takes on a different aspect in the winter...not sure why, but its got to do with something warm and delicious coming out of the oven on chilly, bitter day...

Even my cat gets into it, as he watches the flakes like they are little bugs and he needs to "get them"...

One of the things about winter is that it reminds adults to let go...

let's be kids again!  (okay, with beer)....



Even tasks that used to seem annoying or boring are fun when it snows...

Bundling up your kids takes a lot of work, but when you see them like this, don't you just want to hug them and laugh?? 

I love winter.  I just do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment