Sunday, May 26, 2013

A little spring at my house...

Very excited this spring to see my tree bloom...planted this last year because I have always wanted one.  Even though its small, I look out my window in the morning and smile. 
 

I decided to move my rose plants this year.  One, because I cut them too far down in the fall in an experiment and two, I didn't really like where they were in the first place with where the kids play.  They would often run through that area and around them and I was always worried they would fall into them and get all cut up. 

Above are the new plants, where the old lilac bushes used to be that never grew well there.  I also had a sedum here, which I moved.  I decided to risk it and bought the Double Pink Knock Out rose for the center (which I read online may not due well if winter is especially frigid), and the ones on the outside are a new variety of rose this year called Celebration I believe.  I had peachy roses before and I loved those, and I love pink, so I figured this was a good compromise. 

 Pretty!


Going to town.  Its actually too cold for these roses to bloom, but since they had all these buds when I purchased them, they popped out the past week or so.  I know its not going to bloom until we get some hotter weather soon.  Although, this weather has been very good for initial plantings. 


The above picture is upside down, but here is where the rose bushes used to be.  I planted two sedums (perfect for falling into), and one Potentilla for my mom.  Its a pink one though!

Also, another loss this year was my Shasta Daisies.  They lasted 5 seasons, which, after reading about, is about as long as they last even with dividing.  I was a tad annoyed by this because we had our landscaper plan everything and he never told us that some of the plants had a 5 year life span.  Most of them should last 15 or 20  years.  Anyways, I decided to do lilies in place of the daisies, since they are so prolific and come in all sorts of colors now.  I bought two new varieties, so we'll see how they go..red and peach I believe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment