Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Some December stuff finally....(including Swiss Roll Ice Cream Cake Recipe link)

For my birthday, one of my coworkers made me this cake -- it is an ice cream cake with slices of Swiss Rolls all around it -- the ice cream was chocolate and vanilla.  Holy cow this was good.  Here is the recipe link:
 

I felt bad about wasting all the pumpkins that were starting to rot, so I cooked up even more of them.  With the Vitamix, we can pretty much puree anything.  This became Spicy Pumpkin Soup!

Knowing I won't have girls, I decided to give away two of my childhood horses to my niece.  I hope she will take care of them! 

The kids went sledding...Auntie Karen went with them on this day...


Evan does so much better than Nathan did when he was three...



Nathan lost his first tooth!  He let it wiggle in there for over a week, and FINALLY let me pull it out one day.  He was so surprised it didn't hurt....

Went to 5 Guys -- we liked the peanuts.  Food was okay - Chris makes a better burger.  Seriously.


We both agreed we would not go out of our way for it...

I helped at school with Gingerbread houses - very fun! 




 
Evan had his Christmas program....he was so cute!  He just loves singing the songs...but he was shy up there and distracted (blinded!) by the lights...

Singing!





No comments:

Post a Comment