Saturday, February 8, 2014

Sliding into February....

I feel as if it has taken FOREVER to be February, as well as I feel like it just came out of nowhere.  I realize that makes no sense, but that's how I feel.  But yae, welcome February!
 
Chris made it through the layoffs, if I didn't post about that before.  Big sigh of relief there.  It's a big company, so there will be many more of these experiences to come -- we both aren't naïve to believe it couldn't happen again to us. 
 
We took the kids out to dinner with us because I wanted to go out and do something and celebrate. 

Evan decided he liked salsa!

Nathan didn't want any until he saw Evan liked it.

Daddy took both boys fishing one day.  Evan is still a little too young or immature for it yet he decided. 


Gigi is out all the time now.  I know she is lonely.   Here she is, trying to fill Roar's shoes by bothering me while I am trying to iron....


Last weekend the boys colored these cars for over an hour....

And Daddy finally fixed the dishwasher!  yae! 

I took the boys to Sam's with me for the few things we get there we can't get anywhere else...everyone there laughed because Evan was hugging this around the store.  I caved and ended up buying it for him. 

On other notes, I am almost 36 weeks pregnant....whew and YAE.     This week was by far the most difficult of my entire pregnancy, I had a lot of pain I cannot recall experiencing before.  Apparently this kid is sitting different inside of me, so I feel a lot more, but it has been painful to walk and I finally caved on Wednesday night and took some Tylenol.  I actually did feel better after that along with an hour soak in the tub.  Thursday was so much better. 

The few things I had to do for the baby I finally got done.  Bought some diapers, check.  A container of formula, check.  Put together his boxes, check.  They look purple in the below picture but are actually blue....

Blurry, but I bought this baby bag on the advice of my neighbor and am very grateful - it is so nice and I love having just one new thing that I will be carrying around....

Upside down, but I got some cute outfits for the baby from my neighbor and from my mother in law.  Its nice that #3 will have a couple new things, but I am also thankful that I don't have to buy much and feel prepared in that sense completely. 

I also had the BEST NEWS at work on Thursday!!!  If you have ever worked with someone who was just awful, made your work life miserable, and you cringed every time you saw them, you would feel like I did on Thursday when I heard this person was going to leave.   I was seriously smiling all day after I got that news!!  Chris just thought I was so funny because I was so giddy about it...I didn't realize how miserable I had actually been working with this person until I felt such complete relief about them leaving....

No comments:

Post a Comment