Thursday, March 27, 2014

Brothers!!!! and other musings....

I told Evan to support Jeffrey's head in this picture: 

Loving my boys...I will try to do another picture tonight...this is when Jeffrey wasn't even one week old yet. 

Even though I am home, things are really busy.  Jeffrey's schedule is very "normal" for a baby, so he is eating every few hours.  All my kids have eaten differently -- Nathan was a biter, so for awhile we struggled getting him to learn how to suck.  Once he got the hang of it though, Nathan would suck down his milk like there was no tomorrow.  Evan?  Well, Evan didn't care much to eat.  He could take it or leave it.  I remember him taking 30 minutes to finish two ounces, and I worried he wasn't getting enough and would track it day by day.  Jeffrey swallows air when he eats.  A lot of it.  I don't think its reflux because he isn't spitting up tons and most of his burps are dry, and he is overall a very happy baby if he is being held.  But dang, I have to burp him three or four times per bottle...and he just lets them rip.  I have tried different nipples and bottles so I just think its him.  He is keeping me on my toes, that is for sure. 

Every morning Jeffrey and I have to still take Nathan to school, so we get out of the house at least once a day...but its been too cold to go for walks, which would be good.  Nathan had spring break last week, so that was unusual, but its back to normal this week. 

Jeffrey and I "play" in the mornings for an hour or so before he gets tired...he likes getting his hair brushed...like in this picture, I brushed it up....
 
He is starting to look around a lot more and catch his eye on certain things.  Its interesting the things babies will fixate on, like, when I open the shades that is just fascinating...staring at the light.  Or the red Christmas sock, all babies have loved looking at that red sock. 
 
We had our two week check-up last week and he was over  his birth weight, which is always the goal, so he is doing well.  We are blessed all his tests came back normal too.  I am excited to have my body get back to normal -- just in general.  I have been sleeping so much better and I am seriously wondering how I went through the past three or four months without sleeping much.  Now I can go 5 or 6 hours without waking which is just crazy...and I only go to the bathroom when I get up to do the midnight feeding!  :-)  My back and neck is still working its way back into shape, but I realized last night I am slouching all the time.  So, I definitely need to work on my posture. 
 
Chris is taking a class this week and next and has a four hour test tonight, so I am on my own again.  I was on my own for three nights now, and its a lot of work feeding the kids, myself, baby, and getting them all to bed. 
 
I find myself being stricter with the older two since Jeffrey's arrival.  I am trying to make sure I spend time with all of them so Jeffrey joins us for the bedtime story if he isn't crying and if he is he goes to Daddy or gets put down for a bit.  Chris and I decided the third baby naturally just gets held less.  Don't worry, we snuggle lots during the day.  The other night I fell asleep on the couch and the house was so peaceful and quiet and I was so relaxed but I had to get up and feed the baby and then I was WIDE AWAKE.  I know its worth it, but man, the quiet times are wonderful.
 
Well, since Chris is doing his test tonight, I have to pick up Evan, Nathan, and then Jeffrey, who is spending a few hours with Grandma today.  I admit, I haven't done much while he has been gone...which is okay I decided.  Its rainy and cloudy out....
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment