Monday, March 3, 2014

Top 10 reasons I am so over being pregnant...

This is my third pregnancy.  You forget the last few weeks from previous pregnancies.  It's like a mechanism or function God put into our brains so that we have more children -- he wipes out how awful you feel (the same goes with labor pain).  Can that just kick in right now?  Where I can forget what I am currently feeling?

Anyways, here I go. 

1.  Coworker's comments.  I cannot take them anymore, so I am not going back to work for the last week.  Nor can I take the stress they are under which I cannot seem to handle anymore. 

I had to shake a woman's hand the other day as we were introduced.  She said to me, "oh my, your hands are so moist!" and she laughed and asked if I used lotion.  I was so pissed I said, "Oh no.  I just walked up the stairs and that's just sweat."   She didn't know what to say back...but seriously, who says something like that to a pregnant woman? 

She then had the gall to make fun of another pregnant woman who is due in 6 days...she stayed home that day because she wasn't feeling well.  The coworker rolled her eyes and was like, "yeah right..." Ummm, I don't know this woman, but have you ever been 39+ weeks pregnant?  You may NOT FEEL WELL even though you have nothing technically wrong with you. 

As I said to my doctor this morning, "gosh I feel like crap."  And she goes, "yup.  normal." 

2.  Bathroom breaks and water.  Tired of them.  Tired of drinking tons of water, tired of having to go to the bathroom, tired of the 2 or 3 nightly trips, tired of baby kicking the pee practically out of me, only having to rush to the bathroom to release approximately three drops.  Also tired of trying to pee in that little cup for the doctor with a big huge belly -- its not easy, and we women are extremely talented to perform such tasks weekly. 

3.  Congestion.  I guess this is normal, but never happened with my other pregnancies.  Although, it almost makes sense, considering I never had allergies until two summers ago either (I guess I am getting old or something).  Anyways, I would really like to breathe through my nose, or, stop the nosebleeds when I do. 

4.  Exercise.  I want to jog or walk up stairs without feeling like a slug, losing my breath, or sweating like a maniac.  I am tired of going up the stairs at work (to try to stay in a tiny bit of shape) only to get to the top out of breath and have coworkers say, "are you okay?  You look all hot and are out of breath."  Argh, yes, I just walked up the stairs....

5.  Energy.  Maybe this is the same as #4, I dunno, but I want energy back.  And drive.  And I don't want these things at 3AM just because I cannot sleep.  I want to feel like doing something, I am tired of forcing myself to do things just because I know they are good for me. 

6.  Oh my goodness, sleep!  I don't care if I get it in two hour intervals when the baby comes...oh to sleep in a position and not have a horrid backache or an arm or a leg fall asleep.  And to not have to wander from the bed, to the chair, to the couch, to the floor, in search of that ever elusive comfortable position!

7.   Alcohol.  I don't care what people say or think, I miss it.  A lot.  It's like a long lost friend. 

8.  Food.  I want to eat that.  I want to stop thinking *as much* about carbs.  Eating the way I do now is really healthy, but I want the guilt to stop if I have a cookie.  or a Cadbury Mini Egg.  Or Rice with Chipotle. 

9.  Dreams and thoughts.  I want to stop wondering about how labor is going to go, what this kid is going to look like, if he will be healthy or what he will be like...I want to stop wondering and worrying.  I want to start doing.  I am struggling with having faith right now that God knows what He is doing and I just have to go along with it.  God give me the faith to do this.  Or give me the courage to pretend I have the faith.  :-) 

10.  Lightning crotch.  I won't say more. 

Only one more official week to go...full term today, let's go baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment