Monday, May 19, 2014

Enjoying the time...

Every leave I have had with my kids has been so different, but after going through two before, I know how fast it goes.  I was (and still am) determined to do as much as I can and spend as much time enjoying things before going back to the grind...

One of the things I did makes me giggle.  It was April 10th.  Normally an incredibly busy, crazy day for me each year.  Any date before a deadline around the 11th is bad.  But this year?  I went to a baseball game.  The sun was shining, it was warm but not hot, and I had a beer and a hotdog.  I could see my office.  I giggled and then put my feet up.  It was AWESOME.



I went with the number one Twins Fan!

I also enjoyed a Wild Game in April (something that also never happens)...but I have to admit, we left early because I was falling asleep...


Jeffrey was very mad the next day.  Hmm, maybe he just didn't like the laundry basket....


We also went to a fundraiser for Cystic Fibrosis.  I learned a lot about this disease and it scared me.  Its one of the things they check for at birth and it is genetic...you can carry the gene and not have it but have kids who have it if you both carry the gene.  Many parents are thus shocked by the diagnosis...but they are making great progress so it was a fun, uplifting event - and we got to taste a lot of beers...

My favorite was from Big Woods Brewery in White Bear Lake...they had a summer beer that is fabulous.  I can't wait to drink it on a hot day on the patio while grilling.  They also have a "Morning Wood" beer that is a fun play on words...thus the coasters....


No comments:

Post a Comment