Monday, May 12, 2014

The great Lego exchange....

I spent my first few weeks of maternity leave building legos with Jeffrey.  We had half of Chris' legos from when he grew up (his brother had the other half), and they were just going to dump them all together and divide them up.  That seemed like such a waste to me because their mom had kept all the instructions and most of the pieces looked like they were there...I decided to build everything I could and then they could divide them...

This was the first thing I built...it took FOREVER to find all the pieces...but, once I got this one done, the other legos started coming together pretty quickly.  


These are all of the legos I built with the exception of one or two which Christopher helped with...Nathan built a few but often "cheated" with different pieces so I had to go back and redo a bunch of his.

These are only about half of what got built -- Chris' Mom and brother built the other half...some of these were so fun and these lego sets were all before all the "modern" pieces of today which makes them really unique...


For some reason, this one was Evan's favorite.

These were my two favorites -- we got to keep the one on the right, but not the one on the left.

Nathan built this one -- so it was his favorite.  Daddy got to keep this one too...

Overall the boys didn't even have one bin of legos before this, but now they have plenty.  I also went to the Lego Pick-a-Brick website, and ordered all the frequently used pieces the boys seem to like.  I should have ordered more Light Sabers though, because they are constantly fighting over them still!

No comments:

Post a Comment