Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Well, its official...

I can't keep up with the blog, the laundry, or pretty much anything else on my list.

The list grows like a dandelion weed.  This is my last week of maternity leave, so back to work for me next Monday.  If I can't do it all when I am home almost everyday, no way I can do it all when I am working.  Part of me thought that if I was super organized, I could do it all.  Now I have realized that even though I can control how organized I am and how well supplied and timed the house is, I have four other people living here that don't think like me and are constantly messing it up just by living.  And most of the time, that is okay, but I have my moments where I just wish things stayed clean!

I like to keep busy and keep things nice around my house, so I am always finding something to do.  I have spent a lot of time volunteering at school while on maternity leave, as well as making sure I have been available to help others/our friends.  I don't understand people who don't do much all day...often these people say they don't watch much tv or spend much time on the internet yet they seem to know everything about it.  For me tv-wise, I am excited it's another summer of Masterchef -- it started last night and we got home around 9 pm from my parents and watched it.  It started off different than in prior years, but looks like it is going to be a good season again.

We had a great Memorial Day weekend...I think that will be in my next blog post.  This blog post is going to try to catch up on some great pictures in the past, oh, 5 or 6 weeks....

Nathan finally passed Poly Beg 1 swimming lessons this past winter, so now it was Evan's turn and we decided to give Nathan a break from swimming. We have been taking our kids to the local pool classes for years, but now I have to admit, everyone we know seems to be taking their kids there too...(can we say copy-catters?)




Nathan had his school carnival one night, the night before I threw my sister a wedding shower.  We went out to dinner after the carnival because the food in the cafeteria was so confusing and busy and expensive.

Jeffrey just sat there the whole dinner looking at all the lights...




The next day, the day of the shower, Daddy the boys went to a friends house in the morning and during the shower, and then came home and the boys played with their cousins.  Evan didn't get a nap, so he passed out on the floor and we couldn't even wake him up to eat.  He was so tired it was one of those times when you wake up your kid and he just cries and cries for no reason...that was Evan that night.  


This may be the last time Karen can pick Nathan up....

Jenga!

This was at around 6 or 7 weeks, and the last time he would fit into this cute little newborn outfit...(*sniff sniff*)

This kid can be a chatterbox...smiling and talking to us all the time...especially after eating.  He is very happy with a full tummy!

Nathan got invited to a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese,which used to be Circus Circus Pizza when I was little.  I think he had a good time, I felt a little awkward hanging out there with him, but glad I did because the hosts were just letting the kids run wild.  Evan really wants to go for his birthday, thanks to seeing ads on the tv....(apparently commercials do work)

 The Wild won that night we dressed up Jeffrey....(I didn't dress him up at all in the next series, and they lost...coincidence?)

I have been getting some projects done too...things crossed off the "project/fun stuff" list...I finally made some extra blocks I had from a quilt I made into pillows...turned out very cute.  These used to be creepy cat pillows my aunt made for me...so much better!

Jeffrey in a bag!  He fits...ha ha.  We sewed together one day at my MIL's for the first time in a year.  It wasn't like it used to be though since the group was different, so that was disappointing.    I get tired sometimes that everything has to change.  Can't a few things stay the same?  *sigh*

This was the mystery quilt finished for the year.  Class is now over and starts up again in the fall.  I was the only one to do the mystery quilt month by month, so I had no idea how it would turn out in the end.  Nobody liked the finished product, so the other ladies all made adjustments that made their quilts look fabulous.  This annoyed me to no end so I don't think I will do mystery quilts with them again (cheaters!).  On a happy note though I won the $10 drawing at the end of the year...woot!  I never have won in the six years I have gone so this was exciting (some women have won like 10 times...)

This is another quilt I am working on...it is so simple but yet extremely difficult...some of the seams have 8 points to match up....8!!!  If you get them all pretty close together it is amazing...so far I have been doing really good.  I should take a closeup since I have been pretty proud of it.

I also have always wanted make these yarn doilies my MIL had that her mom had made.  She gave me what she thought was the pattern, but it wasn't.  I actually started to try to follow the original by hand, but then I stumbled upon the pattern on the internet and was so excited about not having to try to figure it all out...

We had one last visit with my friend and her babies before she went back to work...her twins are about 5 to 6 weeks older than Jeffrey...
 Love this picture!

Jeffrey and Mav...

Love that I caught both boys smiling for me!

Jeffrey enjoys hanging out with Mom...here we are on his two month birthday at the grocery store...

Nathan and me at his Mom's Day Program at school....


That Saturday we went over to Grandpa and Grandmas to help do some planting....

Nathan was a great help....


The onions were way harder to plant than the potatoes....


Karen is actually drinking a little bit of beer...insane!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment