I am thinking about the past three months and how they have flown by. With my first maternity leave, I thought the first few weeks would never end...but since Jeffrey was such a good baby (and he's my third), I had this nice long to-do list which almost got entirely completed! I am trying not to focus on the few things that did NOT get done, but here they are, and I am going to keep trying to get them done now that I am back to work. Maybe this will give me the motivation?
1. Organize and edit videos (had to rely partially on husband for this, thus why not completed)
2. Make three blue Christmas trees (not even started)
3. Scan all remaining pictures (almost there!!!)
4. Make a crochet hook case (tired of my hooks everywhere, found a pattern, now just need to work it)
5. Scrapbooking (nothing got done here...yikes...now I have three to keep up with? Maybe I will finish them by the time they are 30...ha)
6. Make a quilt label for a finished quilt (doing on Thursday evening)
7. Clean-up scraps (only just started this, rats...)
8. Finish Heart Potholders (I have about six left, considering I have made around 20, I am okay with this as they are all Christmas gifts except one...)
9. Piece purple quilt (over halfway done! proud of how much I accomplished on this..I am thinking of putting it on our bed so I may make it bigger...)
So I wrote this entire post, and it deleted all the rest of it. So, now I am totally annoyed and doubt I will write out everything I wrote last time. Technology...ugh!!!
The past few weeks were wonderful. Here is a picture of Evan pushing Jeffrey to go pick up Nathan at school.
Relaxing on deck...
We decided to stay around home Memorial Day weekend and not do much with anyone else. IT WAS WONDERFUL. We need to do more of that. Chris and I worked hard all day around the yard and house, and in the evening we did some fireworks and had a bonfire. It was a lovely night.
The next day, Sunday, I was excited to take the family to see Minnehaha Falls, since I heard it was roaring with all the rain...
Dad and Nathan and Evan
I love waterfalls! One of the most beautiful things in nature...
After the falls, which the boys enjoyed, I had a surprise for them. We drove to Chutes and Ladders....here they are on the ropes -- I had to hold myself back from running up there and helping Evan. He was fine, only Mommy was scared!
There were some misting areas to keep you cool, and Evan was too scared to go in it at first. Then he tried it once and laughed. Then he tried it twice and got crazy. Then he saw the other boys had their shirts off, so he wanted his off...then he was drenched. happy and drenched. Oh little boy....
Daddy did this the entire time. We were in the sun, but Daddy is a whimp in the sun (turns into a lobster!), so he and Jeffrey sat in the shade.
I tried out a slide and failed (got stuck!)...
After they ran around for an hour, we had a picnic by the lake. It was wonderful -- cool breeze from the lake and no bugs...
My new thing: eat powdered sugar donuts at the park. They were so good and I don't need to worry about the mess!
ha ha ha....love it!
When we got home, we all wanted to take naps (except Jeffrey!, he was wide awake so he played on the floor)...but Nathan got up about 30 minutes after he laid down since he "wasn't tired anymore". Well, a few minutes later he was back asleep on the floor, so we covered him up and left him. He slept for another hour and a half...not tired...ha!!