Friday, August 29, 2014

fun with friends

I am actually thrilled to say the last five months have FLOWN by.  We have been so busy, at times I am so exhausted, but I love squeezing in doing things with friends and going places with the kids.  We have some great friends we have been hanging out with frequently who LOVE kids and LOVE our kids.  They also parent like we do and its just so nice to hang out with them and be yourself.  I would normally say I have spent time with family, but most of my family is currently AWOL except for my parents.  I guess that is what happens when you get married or get a girlfriend?  Someday, perhaps, they will want to hang out with us again.  Until then...

speaking of which, lately I think there is something in the water?  because people i haven't heard from or seen in years (and i mean years) I have recently seen...I asked Chris one day, "is the sky falling or something?  What is going on?" 

Here are some pictures from the past few visits...

Me and J hanging out in a friends backyard...


Looking at their onions...

Evan and Trinity and bubbles...

how many men does it take to hang up a light fixture?  two apparently....

Dinner!

Jeffrey in the grass (first time I think!  this was awhile ago...)

Bonfire!  fire in the wheelbarrel...who put Ken in charge of the fire anyways??


Hanging out with the neighbors...

Although blurry, I love this picture because it is what I see almost every night...Daddy bouncing Jeffrey on his knee...

We made it one more time to Chutes and Ladders park which was my goal...it was an EXTREMELY HOT day! The kids were just dripping, so it was nice when they came back over to our house later and got into the slip and slide...



Most of the kids...missing two here...(there are 8 in our little clan)

let's cool off in the slip 'n slide!





and then lets make mud pies out of sand...the one thing I love about these kids is how creative they are with coming up with things to do...and also how different their personalities all are, but yet they all get along.  I think you can learn a lot from watching kids.


This summer my friend with twins born a month or so before J and I got together for walks on a few Fridays, which was nice...

Jeffrey had to be touching both of them...too funny!


happy kids.

Today i was thinking, as i folded laundry, how nice it was.  And i was wondering why that's all i could think about until i realized it was the quiet.  Oh, quiet.  not a sound in the house.  just the rain falling outside, the occasionally thunder, and the whir of the ceiling fan...

No comments:

Post a Comment