Saturday, August 16, 2014

High Tea

My husband got my mom, myself, and my sister a surprise - he booked us "high tea" at a quaint little hotel in Stillwater this summer.  This is something I have always wanted to do -- cross that one off the bucket list -- yes!

We arrived and were asked to wait until our table was ready.  Mom and Karen both thought the furnishings were very dramatic, and we all decided from that point on to use words like, "heretofore, scrupulous, and impertinent" quite frequently (oh and "quite!")  



We had quite a selection of teas...Karen is enjoying a Chai tea here I believe?

I tried Earl Grey and Chai as well...

The scones were the most amazing scones I have ever had, and that is saying a lot since I do not like them.  They were white chocolate raspberry.  We asked if they would sell us more, but alas, no more scones....


Our second course...mushroom soup...

Our third course...tiny sandwiches....

So much for being dainty....


Mom had the knack for it (although, she ate everything we didn't...)

is Karen eating a garnish here?

Oh wait, nevermind, it's just the creamer....

Group picture!

We were supposed to look "haughty" here, but Karen kept smiling...

Okay that's better...

What a fun day!  It was certainly an experience.  We giggled a lot.  It ended with a nice Supermoon that night...

1 comment:

  1. These pictures are hilarious! I need these too! Gotta love mom's fancy etiquette!
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete