Sunday, September 14, 2014

First day of FIRST GRADE....


Not as many tears this year (for Mom).  None for Nathan.  He wasn't sad, but you can tell he was a little bit nervous....


They have an Open House the week before school, so that you can bring your school supplies, meet your teacher, find your way around, etc -- its a great idea and something they never did for me growing up.  My mom always brought us to the school the week before classes and we met our teachers then.  Anyways, so Nathan and I walked from the door I dropped him off at and he made sure he knew the way to his new room.

So, Nathan was prepared, but as we got to the school, he asked if I could walk him in.  I was so happy -- I said YES!


However, the first day of school they completely CONFUSE all the kids by making everyone go in a different way, to a different door.  Nathan started to get upset, he goes, "If I have to go in a different door, I wont' know the way, and this is going to be the worst day ever."  I told him to calm down and that he knows he just asks if he gets confused.

Well, we eventually made our way around the entire school to the back, and found a line for his teacher.  Nathan was still nervous until I pointed out to him that we could see Grandma's house...he squinted his eyes and looked, and then I could tell he was completely at ease.  He gave me a hug and went to go stand in his line.  When the bell rang, he went in, and didn't even look back -- which was good, but a small part of me really wanted him to....

No comments:

Post a Comment