Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Stuff with Nathan

I try to make a point of doing things with all my kids, and doing things with them separately.  When one of them tells me, "that isn't fair!" I remind them simply that life is not fair, and that each of them sometimes gets to do things others don't.  

I grew up in a house where the boys got to do pretty much everything, and the girls, well, not so much.  I learned very early on that life was clearly not fair.  I couldn't even count the number of trips for fishing and hunting the boys got to go on, but I can count the number of trips the girls went on (ZERO).  Given that, balance is very important to me, but at the same time I know it is healthy that they get to do things separately.  
Bragging, well, that is one thing we are working on -- trying to teach kids not to brag is more difficult than I thought.  

Both boys just love this little kitty...he is so good with the kids.  He loves being cuddled, but he also can keep up with their chasing him!  



doing a puzzle with the kitty...


Nathan spilled the perler beads....he was very sad...

Below are some pictures from Feed My Starving Children...I really enjoy volunteering there with Nathan, and I am excited for the day we can all go as a family there...



Nathan loves tomatoes....he can eat a whole container without thinking about it, and often passes up sweets.  The kid is weird!  :-)

He got to go to Fort Snelling this year...here he is with a soldier and his cousin...



Get that laundry done, Nathan!  Man, can you imagine doing that?  ugh...




Hanging out with us on the deck....

Nathan working on a craft he is going to sell on family night this week....hopefully they sell well!  otherwise we will have lots of toilet paper snakes lying around...ha!

Evan helped paint...he loved it.  I have never painted before with my kids and boy was it fun....

Messy, but fun.



Nathan wanted to learn how to cross-stitch.  I got him a beginner kit, but it is still too hard.  I was looking for a kit like I had when I was beginner, but they didn't have any.  

He really liked it though...

My little Nathan will be in First Grade on Tuesday...

No comments:

Post a Comment