Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Time to catch up....yet again....

The days just fly by...September 15 and October 15 are very busy deadlines for me at work, and on top of that, there is hunting in September and October, school starting and new routines, religion classes on Monday nights (I am now assisting with a class), indoor gym sports for the boys on Tuesday nights...and Nathan's birthday was last Saturday.  The free time I have had I was trying to catch up on Nathan's scrapbook, which, I have still not finished as much as I would have liked to...dang...this whole work and taking care of life thing keeps getting in my way.... :-)

Oh well, if it wasn't for all this, there would not be much to blog about!  Speaking of blogs, I read a blog post which many parents thought was really good:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/m-blazoned/the-default-parent_b_6031128.html?utm_hp_ref=parents&ir=Parents

I thought I would like it, but the more I read it, the more this woman's thoughts she shared with us bothered me.  Take a read (if you read this tiny blog) and see what you think...if there is such a thing as a "default parent", I would weigh the good from that far outweighs the bad, if you can even call it "bad"....

So, to recap some things via picture:

Helped (term used loosely) bale hay at Grandma's...

New wagon and baler this year, a throw, and the rake is in the background...

Brothers helping brothers....

Onion harvest 2014!


Many many onions....


Hanging out with the other grandparents for dinner...

Classic foot photo: (right after this Auntie left Jeffrey sit on the ground and then he fell over...poor Jeffrey!  Poor Auntie!)


Relaxing....

Kids getting wet...last time of the year almost...

Last time at the beach...


A friend's wedding....

A tired Mommy...

A sign of God's love...

Karen and Mom --  matching!

Licking the spoon....

Hanging with friends - labor day!

Bouncing with friends!

Moving all around....

Mom's helper....

Being silly with old friends...

Mr. Mystro....

More bonfires, more relaxing....


Home Depot First Time!

Fixing pillows for a friend...or rather, making them....

Finishing a prayer shawl...

Eating beans from Grandma's garden....

Going to church...

Last of the patio tomatoes....


Hunting...

How pretty is this???


No comments:

Post a Comment