Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pheasant hunting weekend....

Chris goes pheasant hunting in South Dakota every year...well, almost every year. 

I like to hang out with my mom on those weekends....well, I used to...actually, I really like seeing my mom, but, packing up all THREE boys for a weekend, then hauling them over there, and then watching them to make sure they aren't getting into things they aren't supposed to, well, it just isn't relaxing.  

I think I still had in my mind that it would be like it used to be, with just me, mom, karen and nathan.  That was EASY.  Oh well.  Things change!  

As usual, we get there and the garbage came and so I make my boys haul it up to the house.  its a quarter mile, so its kind of a workout for them.  Evan didn't do much according to Nathan.  

Here is Jeffrey..crawling around on the floor...not too wiggly yet here...not into EVERYTHING yet....remember, this was October...

We started the Friday (there was no school, MEA) with a trip to the doctor for Jeffrey's shots.  He ended up with a small fever this time around...

He was happy though otherwise.  It was a little chilly, but not too bad...



The boys helped Grandma feed the beefers, they were still there...


Jeffrey fit into the feed bucket...

The cattle seemed skittish to me this year -- and Grandma seemed more concerned than usual on the boys not spooking them...

Some years you have really friendly steers, some years you don't!


I went to my class on Saturday, and my friend Lisa watched the boys so my mom didn't have to -- then we went to church.

The mass was so long and Mom didn't want to sit in the cry room.  I should have just sat in there myself.  I got so stressed and Jeffrey was loud and Nathan and Evan were wiggly...

Then we went to Perkins afterwards and they were hyper...

I wanted so much to just go to bed but I couldn't when we got home...seriously that whole weekend I think I slept like 8 hours in total, which is not good for me...

When we got home things got more relaxing, but I wasn't feeling very good.

Sunday was a beautiful day though....

This is my favorite time of year....fall...leaves...crisp air...warm days, cool nights....

No comments:

Post a Comment