Monday, April 27, 2015

Everybody else is...

At the end of January Chris and I decided to build out the basement bedroom.  This was my sewing area.  I decided to give it up and give Nathan a bedroom -- we may not be in this house too much longer, but I figured it was time to separate the boys.

We talked a lot about where things would go, and then Chris got started.

supplies!


Giving up a room for myself meant certain other things had to go...this fake tree was from my parents house, and it was simply falling apart...so we said goodbye to it!

The insulation in one or two spots looked bad to us, so Chris ripped it out and redid it all...

That purple couch?  Gone...we gave it to Chris' brother for his basement...

I had to put my stuff somewhere temporarily, since Chris not only took the room so he could build it, but all the supplies were put outside of the room -- so, upstairs it is!  honestly, the light here is amazing so other than not looking pretty, it was functional.  But, i can't WAIT to get it out of there.

Still working on the insulation...

And done!

Wall up.  That's easy.

Rock up.  Also easy (when strong men are around)


 Had a sad day when I said goodbye to this chair.  It's the match to the couch above that went -- all three boys were rocked for hours in this chair, snuggled, read stories, giggled and told jokes, cried with them and for them...

One last picture...

Or maybe two or three...

Sheetrock done!

Panoramic view....

Chris thought it would be awesome to  make the wall where there is the window a full bookshelf.  So he ripped off the rock, and built the wall out one day.  It's pretty amazing what he can do in a day once he gets started...

Extended wall complete!

We just had the room  measured for the carpet install today, but I haven't taken any recent pics.  More to come I guess!

2 comments:

  1. "Not be in this house much longer"?! Where ya' goin'?!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nowhere yet...but maybe in a few years somewhere...

    ReplyDelete