Friday, April 24, 2015

So, I did manage to do a few things in the past couple months...

Even though I was really busy at work the past couple months, I have been able to do a few fun things in my spare (hahahaha) time...

First off, finished piecing this beast.  HOT DAMN look at that seam!  (if you are not a quilter, I doubt you will appreciate this at all...)  But, if you are a quilter, you will think, HOT DAMN!




Sometime in January it was National Pie Day.  I made a pie out of old apples and cherries.  The kids LOVED it and begged for it every night...success!  Which reminds me that I need to make some dessert for tonight --


Overflowed edges = perfect pie.

Perfect pie crust is gross.   it tastes like, crust.

Finished off the Bacardi when I made six loaves of stollen for gifts -- this Bacardi was purchased in 2003 for our wedding (we had to bring in the liquor for the bar there)..  Yup, can you tell we aren't big Bacardi Rum fans?  Still, it was fun to think how it lasted all those years....


It was the superbowl (aka, super boring).  We made a few new things and the kids watched the Kitty and the Puppy Bowl....

These wings were great -- we made them again for Jeffrey's bday bash...

Ducks finished.  I didn't really like the ducks...

But I loved the bunnies!



I received a table topper Easter kit from my MIL.  I read an article about freehand curved piecing, so I tried it out.  It was so fun!  I didn't use a ruler and just cut the pieces freehand and sewed.  It turned out really cool -- I am going to stitch in the ditch because I really don't want the feel of it to be changed by an overall quilting...

It will feel good to get it done -- and it will be ready then for next Easter!

The bunnies kept multiplying.  typical....dang bunnies...

that's it -- considering my hours during March are scheduled the  highest all  year, and that i exceed them by 50, it was a bad BAD busy season for me hours wise.  But, I always have to tell myself this is something I chose, and unlike the rest of America, I don't expect sympathy for my choices.  I wouldn't mind a little more support from family and friends, but I think they just don't get it.  I mean, most people have never worked an 80 hour week in their life.  Anyways, it's done and over for now...and the only sad thing remaining is that a colleague of mine that I worked with for 15 years is leaving...very sad indeed.  Work will feel much different without him,....

No comments:

Post a Comment