Friday, October 30, 2015

July 4th gets done right on time for Halloween....

Yes, as I write this, it is October 30, 2015, the day before Halloween.  It is a Friday, and there is a two hour late start for school.  Which means, I have to remember to drop off Nathan at 10:45 and hopefully I do not forget...

Jeffrey is sitting here in the tub....

Lately around here things have been rough.  Evan has been to the doctor five times in the past three weeks, and with Chris hunting two out of the last four weekends, a trip up north, October 15th deadline for me and Chris is deep into a training program at work this week, I have started feeling constantly overwhelmed.  Last night at 5:45 I called Chris to ask where he was, and apparently he had a late training night, so I was to pick up the kids from Grandmas.  He had told me this, but two weeks ago, so I didn't remember.  So, in the middle of everything else going on around here, I had to shut down what I was doing for dinner and run over to get the other two kids ASAP!  Thank goodness Evan was still home with me because preschool closes  at 6 (he was getting over strep).  

My best friend is moving away -- she had been looking into this job in Washington State, and I am really happy for her since it will be an exciting change, but sad for me.  I will probably see her just as much, but the distance seems someone overwhelming at the moment.  A family friend of ours had a stroke, the cancer he has been battling is now a losing battle, and he probably only has a few months left.   He lost his spouse last fall, and two people that I have loved -- especially around the holidays -- will be gone.  

So, something has to give, because I broke yesterday.  I cried in the morning, I cried in the evening, and when Chris got home and we started talking about things, I cried.  I think I cried more out of exhaustion and release of stress than anything else,  but I just am TIRED.  Tired of remembering everything for the kids, scheduling everything, and then working on top of it.  I even attended a work event on Wednesday, the day I had scheduled off, and I did an interview (because they wanted my opinion on someone), so it was hardly a day off, especially when you get home at 8:30 and there is still laundry to fold and dishes to wash...

But, the worst part about all of this is I have no one to rely on when Chris is busy.  It seems I am good sponge for everyone else's problems, but no one is for me...*sigh*  This isn't anything new to me, but sometimes I just wish I had someone who has time to listen to me vent/rant without charging by the minute.  Mystro has been getting lots of extra hugs lately!  

Well, I had better stop the typing here, get Jeffrey out of the tub, get dressed, and take Nathan to school!  Happy Halloween!

And with that, here is a July 4th photo dump (LOL!):  


Starting it off with Christmas in July....

Our big surprise!  Chris and I splurged on a bouncy house for the day -- worth every penny since all the kids there loved it!

That's Evan in the air!

Jeffrey had a great time...





Jeffrey enjoyed the birthday cake for America!



cool picture of the sunset....

No comments:

Post a Comment