Monday, October 26, 2015

June 2015 -- a blur --

I always mean to catch up, and never do.  So, I give up.  

June continued on with soccer for both Evan and Nathan...


 Look Evan is actually running in this one!  Evan is what Daddy calls, "a butterfly chaser"....which is a very sweet name for a kid that doesn't really care to pay attention to the game....

Jeffrey got to spend a considerable amount of time this year at the soccer fields....

 He didn't seem to mind much....



A midweek trip to Surly for Daddy and me -- a quiet lunch and a glass of good beer.  shhhh!  don't tell the boys where we were!  

The next day we went to Grandma Jayne's to help bale some hay...after which, we had a cake for Grandma's birthday.  Evan picked out the cake and boy was he proud!




Jeffrey spent his summer with Grandma Gus...




Oh, and he also learned how to be just like Grandpa.  Here he is chewing on a chicken bone...

This is a picture taken by my neighbor out her window.  Chris put Jeffrey in the pack and play so he could mow lawn.  Look who joined him!  Poor Jeffrey...

Here is Jeffrey, the little twerp, who is always taking my animals...Poor Number 3 and Bunnie!

Making some home-made pizzas when Nathan has a friend over...


The end of June means the Blaine parade...we missed it last year, but not this year.  (okay, so I am home for once on a Monday, and some creepy dude in a sedan pulls up and is ringing my doorbell.  WTF. Not answering.)


Pool time at Ribfest!

Jeffrey has the whole pool to himself!

Whoops outta order!

Poor Jeffrey, they invaded your pool....







Classic picture!   Last year Kevin was MIA so Gus had to fill in!  :-)

As with the end of every June, comes buckets and buckets of beans...


Strawberry Rhubarb pie!

Grilling....

The kid that eats lettuce....WEIRD....


So, I have always wanted to buy a name sign for Evan, since he has a simple name.  But they are ridiculously priced.  I saw this picture frame at Target on clearance one day and thought, hey, I could do it myself! -- I just need four pictures.  Then I was thinking how neat it would be to take pictures of things around the house, that would be memories for Evan...and so it took me awhile, but I did it!  It turned out so well I was really happy..


I also started on a Christmas present for my mom...which I will give her at Thanksgiving.  She has been asking for a few years now for a tree skirt not in traditional Christmas colors...something to match the colors of her house.  I found some fabric on clearance up at Grubers and decided to just make something up on my own.   My mom like simple...here is the start of it....



Spaghetti on a rainy, stormy day...



Beach!  I think we only made it four times this year...summer really got away from us fast...*sigh*...








No comments:

Post a Comment