Thursday, June 30, 2016

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween?  Eh, not really.  Halloween sucked for us last year.  Especially for the parents. 

But the lion was cute!!  Three boys, three times I used the lion.   


He doesn't know what to think of this....


Friendly lion! 


Sweet Lion...




The morning of Halloween I got up and took the boys out for a quick trip to Grandmas in their costumes, and then to Dunn to get a free hot chocolate.  Evan had recently had strep but was feeling better this morning. 


Here they are slugging their hot chocolate!


Jeffrey also had confirmed strep a few days before this too....


We were carving pumpkins as one can see...


and I noticed Daddy didn't look so good...


He looked pale and was very crabby...


So, I told him to go lay down.  When he got up, he had a fever of 102 and his throat hurt...I said, two kids with strep, you have strep -- go in go in!!!  So, he went in and it was confirmed. 

Great! I was doomed -- Halloween, and Daddy is out for the count, and I have to take the boys to church, then to my brothers house (because he was having a party), and trick or treating?  Ugh. 

Here they are at my brothers house pre-treating.   




I texted Chris and asked him to at least light the pumpkins.  He said he would not hand out candy as he didn't want to share germs...


That night, I came down with strep.  Everyone in the family (except Nathan) had been diagnosed with it and confirmed via rapid strep test.  On Sunday I went in with a high fever and sore throat.  I told the doctor, all the people in my family have strep, but nothing ever shows on your tests.  He said, "Oh, I guarantee it will this time!"

Guess what.  It didn't.   He couldn't believe it.  He said he would send it in for a culture.  It didn't matter to me, I knew that would happen.  Fortunately, he gave me drugs anyways (this time, it's a miracle, usually they make me suffer until I am half dead, and then they yell at me for not coming in sooner, even though when I do come in sooner they do NOTHING for me). 

Anyways, I have never had strep before, and man, it's horrible as an adult.  I couldn't even move for a couple days...so frickin' sick!! 

Happy Halloween!



No comments:

Post a Comment