Monday, June 27, 2016

North Shore 2015

I have recently been inspired to continue my battle to catch up on the filing, sorting, and clean-up of my pictures, which means continuing on with blogging.  In this day and age, you often take 20 pictures of the same thing (or at least I do), so that you get one or two really good ones.  Blogging about things help me decide which pics are the keepers.    So, I shall carry-on!...besides...October was really only like, 9 months ago?  

So, in October, the week before MEA, we sent the boys off to Grandmas for a weekend and headed up North with my sister and her husband.  We stay in these amazing cabins right on the lake owned by my brother -in-laws union.  

So, the first happy/sad thing, is that we always stop at this restaurant/bar called Emily's on the way up.  We enjoyed our Foghorns (the classic drink we discovered there), our meal, and then were on our way.  Shortly after we were there, they closed this place down!  Apparently there was an argument with the railroad and their financing and they couldn't make it work.  We were very sad when we heard the news.  

Here is Karen enjoying her Foghorn:  


We then had to stop at a Brewery...of course!  Castle Danger...but, across from Castle Danger was the Moose Lodge...to which Karen and I couldn't stop laughing about and making the boys take pictures of us.  I haven't laughed that hard in ages...I couldn't breathe...it was fabulous.   

We were pointing to the Canadian flag for our friend who is all things Canada, and we couldn't stop laughing...I don't even remember why...






Castle Danger...mmmm...so good!  Their red beer (it is something RED) is my favorite.  Here are boys:


We then went hiking the first day there...woot!  I made it out to this rock. Boy was I scared and nervous I was going to bale...but I didn't.  I am not as quick with my feet (or as fearless) as my husband...


I felt like a mermaid sitting out there...


"Part of your world...." LOL.


Here we go....let's hike!!!  I love going in the FALL...love love!!



The water is my favorite...any place with falls...if we just do trees...I get bored...





So, we hiked to  the proposal site for my sister and her husband.  We spent awhile there, with Chris and I doing our own thing while they went back and reminisced.  We got a little bored so we decided to leave and head back to the car without them (haha)....we also carved our names in the railing (Cory hates this and so we felt like such rebels!  This is what happens Cory when you make us sit around for an hour...)


just hanging out...

Morning view from our cabin's porch!



The second day there we did a four or five hour hike. I forget the distance.  This is me resting at the top!  We had lunch up there, and it was pretty good.  Cory is a big hiker so he made the food and used all his fancy gear and tools to make a hot meal...


Morning coffee by the lake...

We went into town to wander around and try another brewery.  I am not sure why, but we are always disappointed in the town.  You go from beautiful wilderness to tourist traps...ick.  



One night we decided we would finally try Sven & Ole's pizza (since it gets rave reviews)...we thought we would enter a place where you could sit down, relax, order a pizza, have a beer....uhhh NO.  You had to stand in line for EVER, order your food, wait for a spot to sit down...wait for your pizza, very limited selection of what to drink.  The pizza was NOT GOOD.  Seriously, you can get a Lotza Mozza or Red Baron or Roma pizza for less than half the cost that tastes better!  We all went home disappointed on yet another trip to town...serves us right!  Pizza in the oven or campfire next time and we will not be disappointed.  We kept laughing how much that horrible pizza cost us...




Not bad:  here comes the sun!  This was the last morning here...bummer...always feels good to go home and see the kids, but I am always a little sad leaving...






No comments:

Post a Comment