Thursday, July 7, 2016

Thanksgiving and prep for Christmas

November used to be kind of a quiet month...but now it is jam packed with school, Christmas prep, and holidays at multiple households/locations.  

We always have to start the baking early or it simply won't get done.  I didn't even make some of the things I usually make this year due to a hip injury.  

Here we are dipping cookies and sprinkling...the older boys are getting good at doing this.  


Jeffrey wasn't horrible either...but it took him awhile....

This below picture didn't rotate.  I don't know why.  Anyways, the past two years I have whipped up the classic sugar cookie recipe of my moms, and then I just randomly call her to see if she has a day to come over and bake.

This past year was the first year I baked without any children around (we did it on a Tuesday).  They were a little upset when they got home that they didn't get to sprinkle...but,

Boy did my mom and I have fun!!  We decorated cookies all day, sipped coffee, then brandy, chatted, and had a pizza for lunch.  She wrote me a note when the container came back this year that said, "that was great!  same time next year!"  :-)

Note the cat was there the whole time watching us....

My brother and SIL wanted to do a Turkey Trot this year on Thanksgiving Day.  Chris and I didn't really want to pay big bucks to go jogging...so we just did one around the house, and we made our own t-shirts.  It was fun!  I put a fox on the t-shirt chasing the turkey...so then we called it "Turkey Chase 2015"...

More cookies being made...bonbons!


Classic Turkey Hanging...

The week of Thanksgiving we always take the kids to see Santa and then to DQ for their discounted meal.  Tradition in our house!  



We got another great picture again this year...


Geez these pictures are out of order...here are the Turkey Chasers the day of the race!

This is Jeffrey post Thanksgiving dinner...

This is Jeffrey during Thanksgiving dinner...

No comments:

Post a Comment