Monday, January 2, 2017

March 2016

Wow, so there are a lot of pictures in this March post!... which kind of surprises me, since I hibernate during March.  

Well, not really, but since CPA's are part of a profession that aren't allowed to complain or get any sympathy for working 100 hour weeks (as I was recently reminded), I will just now say I hibernate.   Or better yet, say nothing at all, because the women in my family will never get any credit for working hard; it is what it is.  If I had a daughter, I would have changed that, but since I have all boys, no dice.  

Here is my aloe in March!  Isn't he cute?  I had this cute fox winestopper which broke, but I loved the fox, so I put him in my aloe...


Nathan continued to be a reading machine in school!  He just blossomed in 2nd grade in terms of enjoying books and curling up in a corner for hours and reading...I love this about him!  Here he is with two books he earned for all his reading at school...

Poor Jeffrey, his birthday is March 8th, when I am majorly hibernating, so he will never have big parties.  But, I did get him a cool kitchen set that I thought all the kids would enjoy...and they do!  Here are the two older boys helping me put it together while Jeffrey naps...


A little out of order, but we had gone to the park earlier in the day...Jeffrey can now do most things at the park by himself by this time...which is crazy.  They grow so fast!




Here is the finished set!  Yes, yes I did enjoy putting all those stickers on (my favorite part!)

When Jeffrey got up he wasn't quite sure what to think of this thing...



I got the one with the most bells and whistles that wasn't HUGE...it was my dream play kitchen as a kid...









A tiger pillowpet from Grandma Jayne!

The traditional 2 year cupcakes...so I made these while everyone was resting, and I added tigers this time around since Jeffrey loves tigers!  I was so excited for the kids to eat them...although, that didn't turn out.  At dinner Daddy felt sick, so he laid on the couch and didn't even eat.  Then Nathan said he hates frosting (which he does), so he wasn't going to have one.  Evan wanted one, but Jeffrey didn't either.  It turned out Jeffrey was getting sick like Daddy...so, I wiped away my frustrated tears and ended up throwing most of these in the trash at the end of the day.  


 


 This below picture cracks me up...it was from his Great Grandma...there was money in there and two smashed M&M's taped to the inside of the card (she always sends a little treat in the mail, which is always nasty and gets smashed, and we always smile and laugh about it).  Anyways, Jeffrey didn't care two bits about the money!  He wanted those smashed M&M's haha!



More presents...again, he didn't care about the others once he saw the truck!

Here is Jeffrey with me at Fleet Farm...we needed something, which I forget, but we ended up finding this umbrella since he wouldn't put it down and a coat for $3 for Evan for next winter...

Typical March weekend...trying to work and cat laying around on everything...Jeffrey's sippy on the floor...

We didn't want to cook one night so went out for Chinese...the kids enjoyed their first attempt at using chopsticks!






Jeffrey decided he was picking up the tab...


St. Patrick's Day!  All I did to celebrate was wear these socks to work...

Daddy finished Nathan's bookshelves last March...after a year of construction.  We closed the shade here so we could see a nice picture of everything.  This bedroom would make a great office now in the future too, I just love how it turned out, and it is nice for Nathan to have his own space, especially since he loves reading...


My brother was getting married in May, so my future SIL wanted to do a Paint/Pub thing for her bachelorette.  It was pretty mild, we went on a Sunday and then went out to dinner.  I had a GREAT time painting...





I added a fox to mine!
 I think everyone's turned out great, but no one else did.  I know Karen hated hers and didn't like her trees, so I am not sure if anyone put theirs up this year...I hung mine in the entryway this fall...


March was also Easter.  It is rough on me when Easter is in March since I am hibernating so much, but there isn't much you can do.  We skipped the Blaine Easter Egg Hunt for the first time in seven years I would say...good thing we did!  We heard that this year they didn't even make people wait until the starting time, and that as soon as you got there, you could just walk on the fields and grab 8 eggs.  Well, I guess some people got there right before the posted start time and there weren't even any eggs left -- people were ticked.  Anyways, we did the egg hunt at our church for the first time and it was AWESOME!  All the kids found eggs, and got prizes.  


Dyeing eggs...



Relaxing...

Finding their baskets! The bunny knew they would be at Grandmas house!

Jeffrey got a ball..he was so excited!



We had some bloody marys and ate lots and lots of bacon...

Afterwards, we had invited Chris' side over for Easter dinner.  We brined and smoked a turkey and I made Tequilaberries salad.  My parents were planning on having some people over that night for dinner, and they were bummed when they got cancelled on, so I invited them over too.  It was a great night!  We did another egg hunt and had turkey and relaxed...






we had some major garage door problems in March...yikes!  Chris had to come home from work early one morning because I couldn't get the thing to close...thank goodness it happened AFTER I backed out...

And finally, this was one of my favorite days...I had a bad day at work, and on my way out, in the elevator, I put my hands in my coat pockets and found these.

LOVE MY BOYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment