Saturday, February 25, 2017

Other May musings and milestones...

Oh  how I do love me some Evan...
Yet I don't understand my Evan sometimes...

PRESCHOOL GRADUATION

But he has the biggest smile...

And can be the silliest...

Our Sour Patch kid!



Congratulations, Evan!  Ready for Kindergarten in the fall -- and boy, was he excited to hang out with the "school-agers" during the summer!

*sniff sniff* - give Mommy a tissue....

the next milestone:

THE LAST BOTTLE!

*more tissues please*..



Oh yes, Jeffrey was over two years old here, but you know what is great about having more than one kid?  after you have your first, you don't give a rats ass anymore about what the books, the doctors, the neighbors, your friends or even family (sometimes) say is the "right" way to raise your kids...



don't get me wrong, there is a lot of great info out there, and I have used it and tons of advice, but nowadays, people have conniptions over the tiniest little things..."Oh, your kid isn't crawling yet?  The books say he should be doing this at this date and if you are one day late your kid is going to FAIL.  FAIL AT LIFE!"   lies.  in the constant battle to become less competitive, we have quietly become more...its the same with tolerance...those that constantly preach it, are the least tolerant of all...

So no, after your first, you realize all that stuff is nuts, and you go with your gut...


down the hatch!  two years with Jeffrey went by so fast...it's like he popped out one day in March of 2014, I closed my eyes, and he is all grown up...

*sigh*

OTHER MAY MUSINGS:  

What the heck else did we do?  well:

Gorgeous full moon..I sat outside and took pictures with my new camera...I laid on the sidewalk...i didn't care what i looked like...

Jeffrey followed Heather around while she mowed...

we cried for no reason....

we spent time with each other...

we ate ice cream...

nathan tried his first banana split...

cup & cone in white bear lake...

Jeffrey practiced being "cool"...

we had a bonfire with friends...

and ate marshmallows...

and drank and burned stuff...

and watched the stars...

I picked rhubarb...

and made jam...

and pies...


I drank beer...even when it didn't fit...

Boys played with their water tower (may was dang hot!)

I watched the sunsets...


Evan crashed...

and cried about it for quite some time...especially when mommy put antiseptic on it...

Jeffrey cried because I said "no"...

and "no" again...

we planted potatoes...

lots of them...

hundreds and hundreds of potatoes...

we had some slight water problems...

and took selfies...

the boys removed rock for our neighbor, Heather...

they were proud of a job well done!


No comments:

Post a Comment