Sunday, March 12, 2017

March 2017 thoughts and a June 2016 camping trip...

it is busy season for me....it's been, well....busy.  but i've been keeping quiet about it...especially with my family.  i promised myself this year that i would no longer talk to my family about my job, or what i do, or how hard i work.  Overall, it has been a healthy choice...i no longer have to deal with their indifference nor their rude comments about how much harder all the men in my family work...i honestly don't know why didn't keep my mouth shut sooner...i guess in a way i thought that someday they would show some interest or empathy, but now i realize that isn't going to happen, so it is nice to let it go and just smile and say "fine" if they inquire about my job...  

/soapbox warning:

this past week it was spring break for Nathan and Evan.  I hate spring break.  I despise it.  I don't understand it.  I don't like having to rework our lives for a week ...I am quite sure no other job gets such a week.  I would understand it better if there weren't approximately eight to nine weeks in the summer where there is no school as well...you know who actually needs a spring break?  Infant, preschool and daycare teachers.  God Bless them.  They rarely get days off, have the hardest job of all, work longer hours then K-12, and get zilcho credit.   Everytime I hear *some* K-12 teachers complain, I just don't get it.  Case in point:  spring break.  ugh.  did I mention i hate spring break?  

............

March weather = weird weather.  It has been cold, wet, a few flakes, warm and sunny...I don't like it...there has even been a tornado!  I wish it had stayed cold and snowy....but alas, God doesn't want it to snow in Minnesota much anymore, so I trust Him with that, even though I do not like it.  It is snowing now, but its march, so it doesn't matter anymore (can't do much with melty march snow except slide around the road and get late to work)...  

I have been working on that during lent, trusting Him, even though I don't like the current result or answer.  I am doing better than I thought I could; giving Him my problems, telling Him every worry I have, saying, "Okay, you want to know everything?  Really?  Then here you go, and I am sorry if I babble, but Lord, you know I can be a babbler..." and then, after awhile, despite the sadness, pain, frustration, worry, or whatever I am dealing with at the moment passes, I feel better.  Sometimes not a lot better, but a tiny, eency weency, itty bitty bit.  I have decided that is progress in the right direction.  

And what is up with lularoe?  People, it really isn't that exciting.  You know what party I went to recently that was exciting??  A tupperware party!!  I will post pics of my new tupperware sometime...it is so pretty!

CAMPING TRIP SUMMER 2016

So, randomly one night in February I told my husband we should borrow his parents camper, which is really nice and they NEVER use, and go camping.  He agreed.  So, I went online and studied all sorts of campgrounds and felt overwhelmed....then suddenly one campground caught my eye:  Whitewater State Park.  My parents grew up down there, my dad is from Rollingstone, and my mom is from Minneiska, which actually means "white water".  Anyways, my mom always promised to "the girls" to Whitewater since the boys always went on hunting and fishing trips.  Well, she never did take us there, so I decided that was where we were going...

Here is one crate of our snacks!


My neighbor took this picture as we drove away...I loved it!  Until my sister stopped by later than evening to check on the cats and told me we left the garage door open...whoops!  


Jeffrey fell asleep right away...we left about noon I think...

We stopped at the big candy shop outside of Wabasha for an hour or so...


They had Llamas....


Then we visited (surprise!) my Uncle Jim's farm...boy was he shocked to see us drive in...

Jim wasn't feeling the best, so we didn't stay long, but we got such a cute picture!  Uncle Jim said "I've got some new farm hands!"

Well, we made it to camp and  Chris parked the camper with success (he was a tad nervous about backing in...)...once we got settled, we headed to the beach to check it out...it was about a 15 or 20 minute walk...

Here we are!

The boys got right in there right away...it was such a beautiful day, and it was true what they said, no mosquitos!

Here we are...back at camp...

Here is our campsite!



So, I saw this on FB, so I should have known it wouldn't work.  It was such a cute idea though, I had to try...you put marshmallows and all sorts of toppings in a cone, and then roast them over the fire, and get smore cones...

The kids loved making them....but,

those dang cones wouldn't get warm enough to melt anything on the inside, without burning the cones!


The kids still liked them anyways...

the moon!

The next day we took a different path to the park...and this was way easier for the stroller...

We had a picnic lunch at the lake..






Daddy took Jeffrey back for a nap early, then Nathan, Evan and I followed later...

In the evening, we went down by the bridge, and the boys went down below with Daddy...




We stayed three nights and both boys got lessons on how to start a fire...

Jeffrey became obsessed with his chair...kind of funny...

He didn't like it when anyone touched or moved his chair...



Happy now!

Post peeing in the woods...Evan's favorite part of the trip, I swear!  (I have a much funnier pic, but won't post it on the internet!)

There was a trail up to the top of a hill...I took the boys early the next morning...it made me so nervous going hiking with them...I didn't let them stray an INCH from the trail and was beyond nervous the whole time...but we made it and they did okay...



Back to the park...squirrels took our popcorn...


Evan's turn at the fire....

Last day...I realized I had no pics with the boys so had to do a quick one in the truck...Nathan had been sick the entire night before, and got sick in the car on the way home, so the trip ended with a BANG!  :-)

1 comment: