Thursday, April 27, 2017

The one where Renee finished June 2016...

(so it is April, and it is 55 degrees in my house, and my fingers are so cold!  I may have to turn on the heat but I so do not want to!)

But June, 2016 -- here she is!  It is fun to look back and see what we did last year...

As usual, we had critter damage in my lovely landscaping.   *sigh*...why these critters can't just stay in the woods is beyond me!  

This was my new friend:  STICKY PAWS!  Isn't he cute?  He cheers me up at work...

J-dawg eating grapes and hanging with his BFF:  Tiger.


Last day of school -- somebody is happy!  This picture reminds me I never took a picture of Nathan in front of the school this year...whoops!  It was raining if I recall...

Cutie:

Visiting Auntie's house...

Deep cleaning!  You gotta get the vacuum, the toothbrush, and everything out for this kind of cleaning people (boy does it FEEL GOOD!)

Mystro was digging in things...

Trip to Orange Leaf to use all Nathan's free coupons...

Trip to Fiesta Cancun for some yummy Mexican food..

Lost a tooth!

Saying goodbye to my lovely office and Papa Aloe...

Took Jeffrey to the carwash to wash Daddy's truck for him...

and then to the grocery store...he loves the nanas!

Kids playing in the pool and with the water toys...

Me baking pies and treats...


to the beach!  we didn't get there very much last year...



 Nathan's tornado poster...hahaha!  It was so funny...note that he is in the basement with the cat...

Tried a new recipe -- Rhubarb bread...with a cinnamony crusty top...


soccer!


Beer after soccer...


boys trying spicy foods...

poor Evan was hurting, he didn't think it was worth the dollar after that...

Met a friend at that neat park in Maple Grove...


Jeffrey did NOT want to leave...


More soccer...

Watching soccer on the hottest day of the year...four games in one day...





Evan's team and done!





Nathan's team and done!


yeah it was hot...I was really proud of Jeffrey...he sat through FOUR soccer games.  Granted, we did take trips back to the car for lunch and snacks and some movies, but he did really well.  did not complain once!

a friend of mine (thanks Kristy, so good!) got me addicted to these from Trader Joes...haha!  the kids and I found them so fun...

quiet evenings....

boys playing...

Me trying new things:  this is English Paper Piecing.   It won a ribbon at the fair when it was finished last summer...it is all sewn by hand.

Evan trying on shoes...

One of our last visits to the Legion in Lino...they got a new cook last summer and since then, burger night is a bust...



Daddy's boy....scared during the thunderstorm....


Me hanging out at Grandma's pool...I look skinny here...


Chocolatey zucchini bread...yes, zucchini season!

Below is a picture from one of my favorite days of 2016:  I met my friends parents, who are from Greece.  We had a delicious meal they cooked, and since they didn't speak English, and we didn't speak Greek, Theo had to translate all night.  We tried using the Google App, and we got a lot of laughs out of how silly it translated things...anyways, I wish we could have stayed longer and listened to more stories...it went by way too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment