Monday, August 7, 2017

Wisconsin Dells August 2016...

So, the third week of August we did a big family vacation...including extending family, to Wisconsin Dells.    I have to admit, I was very nervous about this trip.  After all, vacating with inlaws?  Ummm.....

Here we are on our way, at a restaurant.  They (i.e., everyone EXCEPT me) thought it was okay to let the boys all sit together....


I wanted to make sure Jeffrey got to do something he enjoyed, so I asked if we could stop and ride the train.  OMG Jeffrey LOVED it.  I had never seen him smile so big and laugh so hard the whole ride!







So many pictures because he was so happy!

The first night we got there Chris and I knew what to do...we let the kids go run around like crazies, while we all enjoyed our first cocktail!

Matthew took the boys on the rope thing...scary!!!



He went because he had to go with Evan...and I wouldn't...I am too afraid of heights...




Nathan wasn't afraid....







I didn't take too many other pictures...after all, we were busy in the water.  But Jeffrey often got exhausted and fell asleep...hard to believe three years before this we took a trip to the Dells and he was in my belly!

here we are eating lunch...note the wine on the ground is mine...

Nathan enjoyed playing cribbage with Grandpa....


The boys had fun...I felt stressed most of the time.  Even at night, the boys were in our room and making noises and waking us up constantly so it was three full days without rest and not being able to just BE myself.  I guess that is normal when you vacation with family though!


Relaxing...hey!  That's my pillow in the background...why the heck was Evan using it?!




Jeffrey sleeping like this because we left the light on...ha!  too cute...

No comments:

Post a Comment